Saturday, August 23, 2008

Baptism Song

Wrote this with a good friend in 2004




Take my hand in the morning,
Lead me down where the waters flow
Lets walk where a new light is shining
-Hold me close or I'll never go

Eyes on tomorrow, though I tread with a heavy heart
I hope, I hope I follow
God knows, I'm scared I can't do my part

Chorus:
Lord take me down, down, down
Dip me deep, soak me through, Father,
Turn me 'round
Tell me true, if I follow you,
Can you turn the tide?
'Cuz I can see what I wanna be
Is on the other side

verse 2:
I wish I could bring you more
More than all I turned out to be
How do I lay what I am before you?
I want You, I want You,
but look at me

I see the a sun rising,
Still I feel the weight of yesterday
Lord, I'm bent and broken
And I can't come any other way

Chorus

No comments: