Friday, February 27, 2009

A Prayer


I couldn't sleep and I was thinking about this song... a kind of acappella prayer... so I got up and wrote it down. I might come back and edit later. For this evening I'll leave it as is.





Breath Prayer

Dear God,

I was wondering... who on earth am I?
And who are you

And where are we going?





Dear God,

I was wondering...
Do I ever make you laugh?
I mean, on purpose?




Dear God,
There are times I'm afraid
And I don't feel you at all
And I don't like it



Dear God,

I get tired of falling down
And tired of being small

Dear God,
It gets so ugly here.
It gets so I wonder

If you're everybody's father, what the hell
are you letting us kill each other for?

Dear God,
You know, you didn't make it easy.
"Love Everyone?" Love Everyone.

Dear God...
I do like singing.


No comments: